Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Short, Long Summer



I just noticed that I haven't posted since July 2008 and today is the first day of November 2008!  It's amazing to me how quickly time passes especially at my age!
In the past month I have been to 2 concerts of varying type, been to a Hale Center production of "Into the Woods" and I attended a conference on Medical Clinic 'stuff'.
The first concert was thanks to Aunt Mary and Uncle Bob.  Somehow Mary gets wind of our cousin John Dalley whenever he's in town.  It just so happened that his quartet, Guarneri Quartet, that is were playing their last SLC recital.  It was phenomenal!  They played the most delicious selections.  Bob and Mary, Jerry and Janet, Robert and Jenna,  Susan and I were all there.  Afterwards we met up at the Little America and enjoyed a mouth-watering selection of hot rolls, ice cream, fries, cheesecake and many other items.  We laughed a lot, ate and many stories were passed around the table.   It was very grown-up and sophisticated, in a way.
The very next night we were at The E-Center with great tickets to see Panic at the Disco!.(thanks to Boyd and Nani!) ..Oh My gosh!   what a flip side of music.  Let's take role for this event: Steve and Erika, Susan, Andrew and Emily (Erika's sibs), me with Kate and Addison and another repeat from the night before Robert and Jenna!     It was a totally different venue than the night before, with a totally different ambience.  It was electric in its own way.  We got to hear four bands:  The Cab, The Plain White T's, Dashboard Confessional and of course Panic!  Before I forget, as I was coming down the steps of the E Center I saw a familiar profile.  It was Josh! and his sweetheart Mary.  I haven't seen Josh in ages!  It was so cool to talk to him and Mary.  I guess it was Mary's birthday and Boyd got them tickets to see Brendon and we were just a couple of rows behind.   The music was loud and pulsing and FUN.   I always get my best workout at these kinds of concerts!  I'm not inhibited at all to do a little moving around...and since my children has indoctrinated me to this type of music and constantly quizzing me on "who sings this"?
This past Thursday Susan and I went "Into the Woods", one of my all-time Favorite Broadway Musicals.........I've never seen it done professionally, but I have done it once or twice as Music Director and also as "Jack's mother" which was fun.   There were good and bad parts, not as much enthusiasm as I would have liked but all in all it was another great night out.   We had eaten at Cracker Barrel before the show.  We were served by a guy with no teeth and ate tasty food especially the Mac and Cheese.  Not much else....I'm looking forward to cooler temps and a slower pace.  I'm hoping for both, knowing that getting by with 59% won't be all bad.

It was so much fun

No comments:

Practicing 2 b a g ma

Practicing 2 b a g ma
Nana Di and g-nephew Ty