Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dared to update! Not fair Carrie!

Today we spent family time at Aunt Mary's in the midst of Kate Kings Baby Shower. It was a deeelightful time and that's when CarrieAnn reminded me that I hadn't updated my blog in a very LoOOOnnnnggg time.....don't try to sound out that long word....
I'm loving the fact that we have morphed into a closer family unit. For a while we weren't in physical proximity to the Carpenters, Madsens, OR Twitchells...but now? It's fabulous. Carrie and Sarah were there, Andrea showed up, Elaine made it from Davis County , Marilyn came with Shauna in tow (all the way from Spanish Fark)...It's been so long that we've had close cousins, and now we get together. I'm rambling. There is no point to this blog other than I'm grateful for Family. They are my everything! They are my circle! It brings tears to my eyes to see Kate with a baby bump, Twitchell-King that is.
When you have two Kates in the family you have to define who's who. We have Kate Twitchell-King and Kate (Katherine Fern) Daly----the 'OTHER' Kate! Family speak.
To list the rest of the guest list so that no one feels left out: the other Kate, Jeb and Emma, Susan, me, Mary and some of Kate's RS sisters and a roommates family.....
We had ribbon sandwiches with egg salad and a spicy Deviled Ham, veggies, fruities and the yummiest eclairs from Macey's.
I believe a good time was had by all because there were no complaints.

3 comments:

Christina Olson said...

I read your blog momma Di!! I hope you are doing well and I love keeping up with what your family is up to. Love ya! By the way, we have a family website/blog which is at www.theolsonfam.net.

~Christina (Brooks) Olson

Kate Daly said...

Yeah I am not a fan of when people think that I am the one that is pregnant.... :) love ya mom!

Livin La Vida Keto said...

You updated!!! I am so thrilled. I had a great time too. The boys loved the blue bread and I can't wait for our Julia Child Estrogen cooking fest! We must plan it soon. I have already started thinking about foods I want to cook....then eat.

Practicing 2 b a g ma

Practicing 2 b a g ma
Nana Di and g-nephew Ty