Sunday, July 20, 2008

Could there be any MORE Policeman in West Valley?


Thursday was an uneventful day and most of the evening.  I had decided to 'practice' my piano skills (I'm not using them like I did in Lehi) and I was emoting quite beautifully "Claire de Lune" when Addison came running up the stairs and mildly yelling that "why don't you have your phone? Adrian is trying to get ahold of you!"  So he handed me his phone, with Adri on the other end.  "Mom?, I've been in a car accident!"  He voice was weak and trembling.  I asked him if he was ok, he was, the car wasn't and could I come out to where he was and be with him.  I told him of course and then started to list off things that Addison needed to round up so that we could go out and be with Adrian.  The camera was the first thing.  I had had my camera in my purse all day, but quickly decided that Addison's would take 'better' pictures, you know, the old pixel thingy.(Whatev).....
Addison and I got in the car with the camera, ice water and shaking nerves!  What had happened to Adrian and why the accident. Addison was his chatty self and I asked him to just turn on the radio, something calm because I was starting to freak out, you know, the unknown.  We headed down I-215 to Redwood, then went north to 3500 South and lo and behold!  In the parking lot of John Paras Furniture was Adrian, his smooshed car and the other driver in a little Toyota truck, with no apparent damage.  I thought for sure that upon our arrival that we would encounter flashing lights and such, but none of that was there.  He had called 911 about 30-40 minutes previously and so we started the "waiting game!"   The poor little old Asian man stayed in his truck of steel, waiting for his children to get there. No English!   Still not a policeman in sight and an hour had passed.  Adrian repeated his call to them at least 3 times, but because there were no injuries and the police happened to be extremely busy that Thursday night....we waited for a good 90 minutes for them to arrive.   We actually saw a few officers pass by us going to other 'calls', so we knew that they were not 'punking' us..   We are ruled by sarcasm and doubt.   As we waited in this parking lot I bet I counted at least 100 cars, trucks, vans and motorcycles drive through it, trying to avoid the traffic lights.  There were a ton of geeks and gawks!  "Yes, there was an accident, move on please" again with the sarcasm.  It didn't help that Adrian was in a bit of shock.  This was his maiden voyage in the world of idiot drivers.   The man that Adrian hit was being let out of said parking lot by a good samaritan, so that he could go south.  It just so happens that the good samaritan didn't clue anyone else in on his goodness.  Hence, the accident.   Please, please...don't think you're doing anyone a favor by letting them cross traffic.  You could do more harm than good.  Let them find their window of opportunity or suck it up and do a U at the light.
I'm grateful that Adrian wasn't hurt and that the old man admitted guilt.
This post was done it two parts over the span of a week, so my train of thought is totally askew.  Sorry dear reader.........I hope to be more timely next blog  :)

2 comments:

Addison Daly said...

It was actually a '86 Dodge Ram. Not a Toyota.

Natalie Kay said...

First of all, I'm s glad Adrian is okay! Car accidents are scary!

Second, this reminded me of the time when my car was totaled and I couldn't get a hold of my mom or dad. So I called you, and you came to my rescue! That was VERY nice of yu to do that for me.

LOVE YOU!!!

P.S. Did you know Noel is trying out for Miss Pioneer Valley on Sept 20th? You should come, I'd love to see you!

Practicing 2 b a g ma

Practicing 2 b a g ma
Nana Di and g-nephew Ty