Monday, July 7, 2008

Relatives are a HOOT


Thanks for the memories!  We just wrapped up a great Dalley Family Reunion.   We've met 5 times in the last 15  years...is that right?  We meet every 3 years and the first one was 15 years ago.   Anyway, it is so fun to see the new additions (Emma Renee my first granddaughter, Ty Colton my grandnephew and Jenna...) and also to see the old stand-by's; Marni , Marlo, Susan, Dal, Ron and Ginny....you all know you're all included for those who showed up.   It's amazing how we grow each time both by numbers, waistlines and engage-ees!    I hope you all had a good time, I know I did.  Whether we were swimming, eating, sleeping, eating, swimming or singing, we enjoyed.  If you didn't enjoy it was your own fault.   Addison got a bit too much sun (first degree burns on his sweet face ) and had to be banned to the air conditioned hotel room for 24 hours.  I enjoyed watching the watchers at the pool.  There they were sitting in the shade all lined up as we walked by to get to the pool, then heckled us as we uncovered.......jk.
I'm so blessed to have a family where I never feel out of place, no matter.  Not having my parents has been somewhat difficult yet I have many wonderful relatives who keep me and my siblings in touch with every occasion.  Thank the good Lord for families.    Thanks for the fun weekend.  Can't wait to see you sooner than not and hopefully sooner than the next 3 years.....
P.S.   Thinking of the future reunions, let's just remember that there will be again new additions and also those who will leave a void.   Keep in touch with your relatives.  It's all about the family, I mean really, what would you do, who would you be without your family.  Being a something of an 'orphan' or parent-less I thank God for Aunt Mary and Aunt Ada for keeping my mother's memory alive and for their very being of being just like her (Fern).  Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.    I love you

1 comment:

Kent & Beka said...

It was a great time, wasn't it? The only bad thing is that we have to wait 3 more years to do it again!
Thanks for all the hard work from your house!(to susan as well!)

Practicing 2 b a g ma

Practicing 2 b a g ma
Nana Di and g-nephew Ty