Friday, July 4, 2008

The nicest things about a granddaughter



I'm in love with my grandchild Emma Renee! She is by far one of the best things that have happened in my life, so far. I'm speechless(hard 2 b) when I hold her. That first moment of making a connection I know that she knew who I was. The very trust in her being was almost palpable. To sit and hold her and watch her look at her new world is kinda cool, and you go through a million different emotions while doing so. I look back on when Adam was 'first-born' and the emotions that ran through me then. It's incredible! You have this sense of where they just came from, who they were with and what the last conversation they had and with whom. I had the overwhelming feeling of my own parents while I was giving birth. Since they had been gone for a time, I longed to have their approval or something. And I'm not sure if someone had mentioned that they had felt 'the other side' when they were giving birth, or if I was truly connected spiritually to it at that particular time, but I know without a shadow of a doubt that Fern and Dick handed my children to me and I also know that they had a hand bringing Miss Emma Renee to this world. Call me crazy but I just have a feeling about this. It happened with all four of my children, just that 'something'. So, the nicest thing about having a grandchild is that I know how close heaven is and also how much our Heavenly Father loves us. I didn't set out to make this posting a sentimental one, but it certainly came about that way.
Here's to Jaynann and Adam!: thank you for giving me another link to my parents. This is the best.

3 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

That was so sweet! Little Emma is so adorable. Congrats on being a new grandma. I can't wait to see more pictures!!!

Kristi Cartwright said...

yay! finally more than just a head! :) she is freakin adorable! glad u r lovin it!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, she is ADORABLE! Thanks for your comment. I am sorry, I thought I added you like 2 months ago. Lunch is a DEFINATE... let's go! You are such an awesome person and I am sure you are a GREAT and WONDERFUL Grandma. She is so cute! Congrats Big Mama! I am so happy for you! Love ya the MOST!

Practicing 2 b a g ma

Practicing 2 b a g ma
Nana Di and g-nephew Ty