Thursday, June 12, 2008

When are we too old to have fun at a concert?


Our family had the opportunity to go and watch Panic perform at SaltAir! and it was awesome.
I found myself rockin and rollin' with the best of the teeny boppers. It was either that or have a sore back the next morning. The hardest part was enduring the other 3 bands before Panic. AND we were standing the entire time. Back in the day when we went to concerts we paid for seats and stood the whole time. Nowadays, you pay to STAND!!
Anywho, when Panic finally played I realized that my hearing had been damaged. Talk about being OLD! I was experiencing a 'Snap Crackle and Pop' in my right ear. It still, to this day, is not the same. I actually have to ask people to repeat things that I really can't hear. It's awful :(
Needless to say we had an INCREDIBLE time. Brendon is a fabulous performer. He has grown in leaps and bounds from their freshman album. His voice has become stronger and his performance level is so expertise.
I'm so happy that we were able to share in his talent. And I am so thankful for my brother Boyd R for asking Brendon to get us into the concert. It was well worth it.
If you haven't listened to Panic's new cd, do it now. It's very ecclectic, mellow and upbeat. A lot of different elements all at the same time, which make it a fun mix of music.
Just sayin'

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hey Diane,
I had no idea you were a blogger! I just found you via Greta! It was nice to read your blog and catch up! :)

Practicing 2 b a g ma

Practicing 2 b a g ma
Nana Di and g-nephew Ty