Saturday, May 24, 2008

Smells can make you remember


Some may think that working at a Doctors office is all about the patients and the doctors, well, that's true. But when you're in the front office you are doing triage, language, banter, boo-hoo's and running low on money. I ran to the bank, just down the street, to get change. Friday's are well known for receiving a huge amount of $100 bills. So, as I exit the building I get a whiff of 'home'. The Arctic Circle (across the street) was giving off that awesome smell of fresh french fries cooking. I inhaled and was taken back to my teenage years of working at Hermies. It was uplifting? I'm giggling right now. It was such a great time of life working there with my friends and hanging out with other friends who would come for a coke and fries, taquitos with cheese (tartar dipping sauce), beef-whats and the infamous Hermie burger!!!
It was amazing to me what one little smell did to me. I was smiling the entire way to the bank.

2 comments:

adam said...

I love the Hermie Burger!!!!

Natalie Kay said...

Diane I love your blog and I love Hermies! They serve these delicious tater tots filled with jalapenos and cheese. You can also get them at Taco Time, but they're not the same as at Hermies.

Practicing 2 b a g ma

Practicing 2 b a g ma
Nana Di and g-nephew Ty